1-4 June, 2006, Toronto, Canada
This competitive festival presents films by debut, emerging and established filmmakers in drama, comedy, sci-fi, action, documentary, experimental and animation genres, all directed by women from around the world. The festival aims to:
- offer a perspective of the world through the female eye;
- open doors for women directors;
- enlighten and entertain audiences through cinematic experience;
- illuminate the best of debut, emerging and established filmmakers and to honour Canadian and international filmmakers both past and present;
- celebrate the symbiotic relationship between the written, visual and media arts.
The Script Development Programme welcomes screenplays by male writers with the provision that their story features a female protagonist.
- Early deadline: 31 December 2005
- Late deadline: 28 February 2006
- Early deadline: 28 February 2006
- Late deadline: 30 April 2006
For more information, please visit: http://www.femaleeyefilmfestival.com/